Born in Boulder, Colorado, Dr. Hoer pursued undergraduate studies at Brigham Young University at Provo, Utah, served as a volunteer at the Utah Valley Hospital, and received a Bachelor of Art degree with a major in French. He earned his Medical Doctor degree with honors from the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee and served his internship and an orthopaedic surgery residency there from 1989-1993. He received the honor of being inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society which represents the top 10 percent of students in the nation.
In 1993, Dr. Hoer founded the Orthopaedic Institute of Henderson and has served as president and general partner since that time. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons as well as a Diplomat with the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Served as Chief of Staff and Vice Chief of Staff for the St Rose Dominican Hospitals.
- Served several times as Chief of Surgery for the St Rose Dominican Hospitals.
- Elected for the American Registry Patients’ Choice Award several years running.
- Served as a member of the Western Region CHW Board of Directors Quality Improvement Committee.
- Adjunct Instructor of Orthopaedic Surgery for Touro University Nevada Medical School.
- Mentors medical students rotating through orthopaedics.
- Listed as a “National Top Doctor”.
- Patient’s Choice award 2012
- Voted by physicians as the Top Orthopedic Doctor in Las Vegas again in 2017.:
(2017: Vegas Seven magazine, 2013: Vegas Seven magazine; 2012: Vegas Seven magazine).
- Named Top Doctor in Las Vegas Healthcare Quarterly 2018